DJ Dee-Ville Presents...JVC FORCE - Livin' In C.I. (1988-1993)



Those that know me, know that I am one of the biggest (the almighty) JVC Force fans there is (even AJ Rok would tell you this haha) and this mix/compilation by DJ Dee-Ville is mad ill, get your download on and check out the JVC Force official website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do Public Enemy, EPMD and Rakim have in common? Apart from being three of the greatest acts in Hip Hop history, they all originate from New York's Long Island. Also hailing from Central Islip, L.I.; The Almighty JVC FORCE, stepped on the Hip Hop scene in the late 80's. They quickly signed to B-Boy records on the strength of its Boogie Down Productions affiliation, but after Scott La Rock was murdered, JVC was left without the support system they needed. 

*(Jaz: De La Soul, KMD, K-Solo, Keith Murray, The Knucklehedz, Hard 2 Obtain, Son of Bazerk and Sid and B-Tonn, Leaders of The New School, also hailed from Long Island)

Rappers B-Luv, AJ Rok and DJ Curt Cazal should be remembered today with their hometown contemporaries as pioneers and innovators of the Golden Age of Hip Hop. 23 years later, the beats they made remain creative and fresh, Cazal's scratches sound fresher than ever and those slow flow brag rhymes ooze with finesse. In short; this is my kind of Hip Hop.

It's funny how I decided to put this mix together, It started when I randomly found the second JVC album 'Force Field' (released through another ill-fated label; Idlers). This same week my man Aitchski from the X-Squad hit me off with a bunch of B-Boy Records rarities. A couple days later I noticed AJ Rock, putting up youtube videos of old JVC radio promo's.

It had to be, even just for myself, I wanted to hear a full remastered JVC FORCE anthology. Feel free to grab this up and please show the fellas some love over at jcvforce.com

 


http://www.sendspace.com/file/38n087

No comments:

Update

Peace The JMS blog is officially closed and I won't be returning to it, it definitely had a good 11 years or so run but it just s...