Back To 1992 Volume 2...

Peace my good people, thanks so much for the ill comments and feedback it truly is appreciated...now as promised here is the second compilation of the Back To 1992 post...

I felt that the write up for the first one pretty much covered the year in general and really in a year as dope as 92 was, the music spoke truly for itself.


Enjoy this trip down memory lane and if you were wondering, yes I did hear Foundation 7's-Compredator in 92 (maybe 93) on a mixtape but I had no idea who it was, I only found out last year and man am I glad I did, an incredible and timeless slice of pure Hip Hop and only this year was I lucky enough to find the other version of one of my all time fave joints...it's on there...much thanks and love to Travis,(cheers for the RHLT and A TEEM goodies) Dart & Dan and all of you other awesome family blog kids, keep the requests coming, trust me some of these may take a while but we will find them.

peace

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJ6SS24N

1. kurious - walk like a duck (prod_beatnuts)

*from his debut 12" inch released in 1992



2. kool g rap & dj polo - on the run [al capone version](prod_trackmasterz)

*from the 12" inch released in 1992, original version appears on the live & let die lp


3. mysterme & dj 2020 - unsolved mysterme (version 2) (prod_joe_quixx)

*released as a promo in 1992, was played on radio and used on mixtapes and officially released in 1993

4.
eric b & rakim- rest assured

*from the legends fourth album release



5. showbiz & a.g._ft_deshawn_&_big-l (r.i.p.) -represent

*from their classic 1992 debut album



6. jvc force-big trax

*from the 12" inch, b/w 6 ft back on the map



7. chubb rock ft grand puba & red hot lover tone - three men at chung king (prod_trackmasterz)

*from the legend's fouth album release





8. common - breaker 1-9 (beatnuts remix)

*original version appears on his debut can i borrow a dollar? lp.




9-epmd-crossover (trunk mix)

*original version appears on the legends fourth album release, business never personal




10-king sun - sippin' brandy

*released as a promo in 1992, was played on radio shows, released in limited qualities.

11-rough house survivors-so! survivors, we can rhyme (prod_tony dofat)

*from their dope 1992 debut (and sadly) only album



12-double xx posse-the pure thing (prod_t-ray)

*from their debut 1992 album and not gonna be able to do it 12"





13-the college boyz-underground blues

*from their fine debut 1992 album



14-brothers uv da blakmarket -not u again

*from the 12" and debut (and only) 1992 album,ruff life




15-ateem- yeah (diamond d remix)

*original version appears on their dope debut and sadly only album.



16-k solo letterman (pete rock remix)

*original version appears on his 2nd lp, times up



17-red hot lover tone - give it up (diamond d remix)

*original version appears on his dope 1992 debut album



18-foundation 7-compredator

*as far as i know this crew had just the one 12"

19-home team-pick it up (prod arthur_&_luke)

*also on the via saturn from satellite lp

20-little shawn - clap ya hands (prod_howie_tee)

*from his 1992 debut (and only) lp



21-yb- who's gonna take the blame

*from his 1992 debut album



22-heavy d_ ft_ b.i.g.(r.i.p) grap luva, rob o, busta rhymes,guru and 3rd eye- a buncha niggas
(prod_jesse_west)

*from heavy'd & the boyz fourth album release




23-black moon-fuck it up (prod_da_beatminerz)

*from the debut who's got the props 12"

24-lord finesse-you know what im about

*from the trespass sound track

25-mc ren- final frontier (prod_bobcat)

*from his first solo ep, kizz my black azz






















12 comments:

Crooklyn said...

WOW....did you grow up next to my Dual Stereo Cassette player in 92???? Love the mix.....all classic joints. Thought i was the only head fellin College Boyz & Brothaz Ov Da Black Market. Livin In The Bottle was the real jam tho...lol.. Great mix son!!!

Unknown said...

ha ha word crooklyn...the College Boyz album, was fat man and I agree with Brothaz Ov Da Black Market but Not U Again was a popular jam back on my the old radio show, we used to get a lot of requests for it.

Appreciate the props, keep up the great work on your site

one

Anonymous said...

damn, college boyz!!! i used to play the shit out of that tape in 6th grade. ill mix jaz. props!

@slushygutter said...

dang, that is nice. Lord Finesse's verse on 'Represent' may be one of the alltime greats. 1992 was fine vintage.

Travis said...

Jaz my man, you did it again, you are the master at shit like this. Nice work my kiwi friend.

Anonymous said...

YO MAN. do you have the promo for that mistre me? the Bside was Bust your rhymes with Motion man & ACP?

Unknown said...

I don't sorry, I have been looking for that myself, if All City Productions-Bust Your Rhymes was the one you are after?

Anonymous said...

Jaz! I can't wait to download this mix!!!! 1992 is one of my all-time favorite years. And you came through with some nice flavor!!!
@Crooklyn~ I picked up the LP to Brothers Uv Da Blackmarket, and Livin In a Bottle has been my JAM for the past few weeks!

Unknown said...

Thanks notes...yeah I always liked the Brothers Uv Da Blackmarket album and I appreciate your comments.

peace

Anonymous said...

King Sun sippin brandy is my personal favourite from the early 90's, real dope mix you done.

keep cold rockin da blog spot.

Peace

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories. The Give It Up remix in particular. Thank you for this, man.

Gozá said...

RADIO FUSION RADIO!!!! Man I used to rock that CD to death!
LOL!

Update

Peace The JMS blog is officially closed and I won't be returning to it, it definitely had a good 11 years or so run but it just s...