Wu-Tang Clan-'Enter The Wu-Tang' (36 Chambers) 20 years on...


Man I am old haha...yes indeed kids...we have finally arrived at the 20 year anniversary of the one of the rawest, illest and greatest and game changing albums in Hip Hop history a true landmark of an album, the album I am referring to is of course the debut album from the legendary Wu-Tang Clan released on Loud records November 9th in 1993.

I remember the day I first heard this album, the day that the Hip Hop world was properly introduced to the Staten Island (Shaolin) clique known as The RZA, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon The Chef,  Inspectah Deck,The GZA, Old Dirty Bastard (R.I.P.), U-God, Masta Killa and Method Man aka the Wu-Tang Clan.



I actually had to borrow the CD from the radio station I worked at as one of they were sent a promo copy and that CD did not leave my player for months, it was easily the most requested album on the Wednesday Nite Jam show throughout the 90's as well.



I eventually found the tape on import at Allan's CD's and I fondly remember DJing at and attending mad parties where either the whole album was played or people chose their favourite tracks.



I later got my own CD along with a few of the 12"s and I like many of you was Wu-Sane (Insane for the Wu) I had to buy every solo album from the original 9 members, every magazine, a couple of t-shirts, every album one of them appeared on etc and I still have most of them in storage but over time, albums were swapped, sold or given away.



I even had a manilla folder where I would write up discography's for each members resume, the Wu are still an important part of my life and always will be, I still dig at lot of what they record and I am looking forward to the next album, it was a true honour to be able to support the legendary Ghostface Killah & Killah Priest with my former crew Evil Mule in 2012 in Wellington, New Zealand.


That will always go down as one of the greatest moments and memories for me personally, so much of my life and listening time has been made up because of the Wu Tang Clan and I raise a toast to the entire crew for bringing back the realness to NYC Hip Hop for showing wack rappers the exit sign, for teaching producers how to make muddy and raw dope beats with ill Kung-Fu soundbites and little to no polish in the mixing, for teaching wack MC's how to really rhyme, , the power of words, have incredible wordplay, style and charisma and kick the truth and deliver messages to the "young black youth"...



 












If I set my mind to it, I could write a 100 page essay on the Wu but I will leave it here and tell you to listen to the album and if you feel like it, leave a comment on how the Enter The 36 Chambers album affected and participate in the poll below for the dopest track on the album.








Round up of links celebrating the landmark 20 year anniversary

egotripland: If you ever wondered why Wu-Tang rocked stocking...
20-year-anniversary-of-wus-enter-36
wu-tang-clan-36-chambers-anniversary
wu-tang-clans-enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-at-20-classic-track-by-track
enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-a-roundtable-retrospective
15-fun-facts-about-wu-tang-clans-36-chambers
wu-tang-clan-enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-oral-history
enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-20th-anniversary
wu-tang-clan-enter-36-chambers-20th-anniversary-retrospective
enter-wu-tang-36-chambers-samples
celebrate-20th-anniversary-enter-wu-tang-36-chambers
enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-is-still-locked-and-loaded
im-feeling-old-wu-tang-enter-the-36-chambers-turns-20-years-old
http://www.stereogum.com/1557582/enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-turns 20
enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-turns-20/franchises/the-anniversary






Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...


No comments:

Update

Peace The JMS blog is officially closed and I won't be returning to it, it definitely had a good 11 years or so run but it just s...