I got sent this dope EP by Savant and felt that it deserved a post...
Tucson, AZ resident, by way of El Paso, TX and Chicago, IL, Gregory "Savant" Daggett has always possessed a passion for music and literary arts. Involved in general music since age 7, and a trumpet player since age 10, he wasn't officially exposed to hip hop until age 12. Although no particular emcee caught his ear right away, he was intrigued with the entire concept of an individual or a group of people speaking over instrumentation in an intensely rhythmic lyrical form, oftentimes telling semi-autobiographic tales relating to a fictionalized counterpart. He became inspired to write and partake of the art of emceeing after hearing the 1999 classic "Black on Both Sides" by Dante Smith and honed his emceeing chops at the lunch room ciphers of Chicago high schools Whitney M. Young Magnet and George Washington Carver. He has since dedicated every verse, every bar and every word to achieving the ever elusive sense of balance in this hallowed art form. His debut release, "The Delayed Entry EP" serves as proof.
enjoy the EP here
1) The Lyricist ThreeMix feat. SimONE (prod. by RJD2, Cease & Eka the Madd Samplist)
2) Illest You've Never Heard (Could We Go) (prod. by V-Sharp)
3) Concrete Techniques feat. Three60 the Universal Ruler (prod. by Oren J.)
4) You Know feat. Rich Jones & Kasparov (prod. by Montana Macks)
5) Bottom To the Top (prod. by Satchill Head)
6) 'Til Death Do Us Part (prod. by DJ Jesaya)
7) Marry a Memory (prod. by prod. by Grandpa-J®)
8) Perfect Profession (prod. by DR+)